Sunday, August 8, 2010

Changes

Blogging is new to me and I am not sure I know how to do this.  So, as I sit here trying to decide just what to write in my first post as a new blogger, the only thing that comes to mind is how much my life has changed recently.

I have just completed my first year f school.  Last year I decided to continue my education after 32 years.  I was very scared at first because it was such a big change in my life.  I have since discovered what a great choice I made and just how much I am enjoying my learning experiences. 

In the past year both of my kids have moved out and are now out on their own.  (empty nest syndrome).  After 30 years, my husband and I are alone again.  Another big change for me.

After 20 years of working for the same company, last month I accepted and early retirement package.  No more getting up at 4:00 am every morning and driving off to the same job everyday.  For the first time in 35 years, I am officially unemployed.  Instead of pursuing other employment right away, I decided to just take extra classes for the next few terms and focus on my learning and getting my degree.  Another really big change for me.

I am also in the process of moving.  My husband and I were both born and raised and have lived our whole lives in the same area here in Maryland.  At the end of this month, we are moving to a totally new area in a different state.  We are moving to Delaware at the end of this month so this is another big change going on in my life right now.

So many major life changes in such a short amount of time.  So as I sit here and think about all of the changes going on in my life right now, (school, kids, career, moving) I keep thinking I should be scared,  but I am not scared, instead I am very comfortable, at ease and even happy about the changes.  So I guess changes can be good depending on where you are in your life and what changes are being made.  For me although it seems a little overwhelming when I think about it all, it's all working out and it's all good.

My next big change will be to get myself comfortable with this blogging thing since, once again, this is something very new to me.  Like everything else, something I will get use to.

1 comment:

  1. Teri
    I feel exactly the same way with going back to school. I felt the need to do something other than sleep, work, cook, etc... After 25 yrs.of marriage, I find myself single again and very afraid of my future. But, the decision of going back to school has changed my life and thought process for the better. So, I do believe in the "building a better dream".
    Great first post!

    ReplyDelete